Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Week 6 Blog Assignment

I believe that the hardest groups to leave are the ones you have been through the most with. I worked at a job for three years with a wonderful group of people who I attribute a lot of my professional success to. They weren’t only wonderful because we eventually grew so close, but it was a great experience because we learned so much from, one another, even when the lessons weren’t so easy to learn. At the end of our journey together, I was mostly saddened because I had so many memories that bonded us. We were like a family. I feel like I will feel similarly when I complete my Master’s program. Earning my Master’s Degree has been a goal of mine for a long time now and it was something that I contemplated on completing back and forth for some time. When I first started, I was immediately reassured that I made the right decision by the support from my fellow classmates. Now that I am a little closer to finishing, I can already tell how the adjourning stage of this journey will be. I sure know it is something that I never will forget.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I was uncertain about getting my Master's degree, however the colleagues I have met along the way eased my nerves. They have continued to make it an extremely meaningful experience. Doesn't it feel great to be able to say "close to finishing"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amanda,

    I agree with you that the hardest groups to leave are the ones you have been through the most with because you learn so much about one another. It was hard for me to leave the girls at Victoria Secret because we grew to be like family. I will never forget the talks we had, the trips we took, and the late nights together during inventory. Those girls will always be a part of my life as long as I live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too agree with you, Amanda! When you experience a lot with a group, it makes saying goodbye so much harder. I too experienced the same thing you did. But I also believe that adjourning is also an important part. We just have to remain positive that we will be able to learn and establish relationships in the next team we will join.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda:
    I agree with you. Leaving the Master’s program at Walden will be a despondent experience. I will be enthusiastic about completing the program, but I also will be morose about parting ways with my colleagues; however, as the famous adage says, everything good must come to an end. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda,
    The best group of teachers I have ever worked with was at a parent co-op school. I unfortunately had to leave after a few years, because the pay was just too low. I still use much of what I learned from those teacher and that director. It was very hard to leave. Additionally, I am amazed by how connected I feel to my colleagues here at Walden. My greatest concern when choosing to study online was I would feel isolated, I am very happy that was not the case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JoAnn, your blog was is so heartfelt. I agree with you wholeheartedly. I too, was "shaky" when I started my master's degree last year. I can not believe it has been a whole year now! I feel like I know the personalities of everyone in my peer group. I do hope that we all can meet at graduation!

    ReplyDelete