Friday, March 1, 2013

Time Well Spent


Well, this is it, my very last assignment for my Master’s program! I cannot begin to express, in words, what I am feeling right now, but I will do my best. The last 16 or so months of my life have been a complete blur and I am looking forward to finding my old routine, or perhaps a new one. After taking this Capstone course, I am feeling relieved, joyful and most of all accomplished. I am the first person in my family to earn their Master’s Degree and my friends and family have been so great in sharing their kind words of congratulatory remarks. I took on this program in September of 2011 while working full-time. The beginning courses made me feel at ease as they were manageable. When I began this last semester taking two courses alongside my full-time job, I literally thought that there was no way I was going to finish this program successfully. With the support of Dr. Teri, my peers and my work colleagues, I was able to get through these last two courses. I have learned so much about myself throughout this Capstone course. I have persevered through the most stressful of times and I am proud of myself and my fellow classmates. I have always been nervous about online programs and was worried that I might not feel as accomplished in earning an online degree as opposed to a degree from a traditional college. Regardless of the setting I was in, I feel absolutely accomplished and am happy with my decision in choosing Walden University. In the future, I hope to become the division chief for Child and Youth Programs for all of Air Force. This is a long-term goal that will take lots of work but I feel confident that I can achieve it. I would like to close out my blog my saying thank you to Walden University, all of my professors, specifically Dr. Teri and most of all thank you to my classmates. You all have taught me so much about the early childhood field and what else is out there in terms of careers and programs. I am so pleased that we all share the same passion for working with children and I do believe that because of people like us, children do have a brighter future. Good luck to everyone in their endeavors and please keep in contact!

3 comments:

  1. Amanda,
    Congratulation as being the first person in your family to get your Master's degree. Its been a pleasure share great ideas with you throughout this course.
    Best of luck as always!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda. Thank goodness for Dr. Teri. I had so many freak outs throughout thee past 8 weeks - she helped calm me down every time.

    I have enjoyed following your project through the discussions and blogs. Congratulations to all of us for finishing. Best of luck for the future. Sincerely Koni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey amanda - I was wondering if i wanted to work in a military early childhood center would I be able to as a non military person? Would I be allowed be to apply or inquire about those jobs or do I have to be an active military member? my email is konimarie5@gmail.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete